Friday, February 8, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

Even though we don't know the baby's gender quite yet, I've been thinking a lot about how we're going to decorate the nursery. Honestly, I started thinking about our nursery theme not too long after we found out that we were expecting. I spent quite a bit of time looking online at different ideas and when I found it, I knew immediately that it was what I wanted to do. I showed it to the husband and it took him about a second to jump on board. You see, we found out at the start of hunting season - his favorite time of year - so we already had antlers and nature on the mind.

I think that it's perfect for us. We really love the contemporary rustic theme and can't wait to get started on decorating!  Okay, fine... I can't wait to start decorating. He does love the theme though.

Today, I decided to put my ideas together on a nursery inspiration board. The first one ended up leaning towards more of a boy's room, so I altered it a bit to create a second board for a baby girl. Essentially, I just added a splash of pink. Either way, I adore both of them. I've included links to all of the items, some of which are no longer available. Even if they aren't available, they still give inspiration and ideas for how we want to decorate.

I've found quite a few fabrics that I've fallen in love with. I'm hoping to make the curtains, crib bumpers, crib skirt, and blankets. I'm sure that we'll end up buying some of the bedding as well though.

As far as furniture goes, we've already snatched a glider and ottoman on Craigslist for $40, which I plan on reupholstering. I'm hoping that we'll stumble upon a good deal for a dresser that we can paint to match the room. As for cribs, I'm pretty set on the Baby Mod Modena Crib in Cool Grey that's sold at Walmart. After reading all of the reviews and comparing it to other similar cribs, I'm pretty much convinced that it's the crib that we'll end up going with.

Only a few more days until we find out and can get started!
Baby Boy Room

Untitled-1 copy
Baby Girl Room

Untitled-2 copy

1. Baby Mod 3-in-1 Modena Crib in Cool Grey at Walmart

2. "To Go To Sleep I Count Antlers, Not Sheep" from Indigo Chic Creations on Etsy

3. Woodland Party Circa 52 Organic Fabric by Birch Fabrics

4. Tree Stripes Circa 52 Organic Fabric by Birch Fabrics

5. Deer in the Forest Wall Decal from Kinky Wall on Etsy

6. Color Scheme - Cream, Grey, Turquoise, and Lime Green

7. Splendid Dot Fabric at Hobby Lobby

8. Reclaimed Wood Deer Painting from Rustic Wood Originals on Etsy

9. Turquoise Chevron Fabric at Hobby Lobby

Girl Room Additions

6*. Color Scheme - Cream, Grey, Turquoise, Lime Green, and Pink

10. Happy All Over Dots Fabric at Hobby Lobby

11. Zig Zag Candy Pink/White Fabric at Warehouse Fabrics Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment