Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake



I couldn’t help myself. I had to buy it…

As I was walking through the store yesterday, I looked over and saw this shiny, fluted… bundt cake pan! It was just sitting there shouting my name, “ROSE! Buy me!” So I did. I’m kind of surprised that I don’t already have one, but I’m even more surprised that I have never made a bundt cake! Can you believe it? Me neither. So I decided it was about time. I mean, what better time than now, with the birth of my blog and all?

On my drive home I was contemplating what kind of cake I should make. Then it hit me – pumpkin, of course! I figured it would be best to continue my pumpkin spree so that I won’t feel so guilty for abandoning it for a good portion of the month. Plus, it helps me to be in the fall and Halloween spirit :-) It's been awhile since I've made any type of pumpkin cake, but I happen to love pumpkin cake/cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, so I wanted to combine the two in a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake! A delicious pumpkin cake filled with a sweet cream cheese center... Remember when I mentioned the smell through the house from the Pumpkin Granola? This cake was even better! The cinnamon, the nutmeg, the vanilla... the combination was amazing. When I took it out of the oven, it looked so delicious. I knew that I should let it cool completely on the cooling rack, bundt I just couldn't help myself. (Ha! Get it? But... Bundt... Okay, corny, I know.) Needless to say, I loved this cake and I hope that you do too. 



Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake


Ingedients

1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour 
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease bundt pan.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.

In a the bowl of a stand mixer, combine pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Use the paddle attachment to mix. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Once eggs are mixed in, add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just blended, then add the remaining half, again mixing until just blended.

In a small mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon, mixing until smooth.

Spread half of the pumpkin batter evenly into the bundt pan. Carefully spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Spoon in the remaining batter. 

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then place cake on a cooling rack to cool completely. 

Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment