Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings

HAPPY ELECTION DAY!

It's a beautiful day to be an American! No matter what your political beliefs, there's no doubt that this is an important day. I'm very excited, nervous, and anxious! I hope that you exercised your right to vote!

I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I decided not to do Taco Tuesday today (even though I heard that it's National Nacho Day... say whhhaaattt?), so I just might have to make something Tex-Mex another day of the week. I saw a commercial for a wing restaurant, which looked delicious and my mind was made. Personally, I prefer boneless wings because they are less work to eat, while my husband prefers bone-in wings, so I actually made both. And I only fry something every once in awhile and would rather bake whenever possible, so I decided to make Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings.

Day 6 of Thanks: I am thankful to live in the United States of America, the land of the free, a democratic republic in which we have the right to vote for the individuals that we wish to represent us.



Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings

Ingredients

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
Buffalo wing sauce (enough to coat)

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine flour, panko, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, and pepper. In another bowl, beat the milk and eggs.

Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch, bite-sized cubes. Place half of the chicken in the milk/egg mixture and coat, then put in the flour mixture, tossing to coat. Evenly spread the pieces on the baking pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning over after half of the time.

After removing chicken from the oven, put it in a large mixing bowl. Coat with the buffalo sauce and toss to evenly coat all of the pieces.

Serve with carrots & celery and blue cheese or ranch.


No comments:

Post a Comment