Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hot Chococlate

It's chilly outside! In this weather, a few things come to mind that are essential: a coat, a fireplace/heater, soup, socks, and hot chocolate. Yesterday, we started a fire in our fireplace for the first time since moving into our house. The previous owners couldn't have used it anymore than a time or two. I don't know how they couldn't. We love starting a fire and cuddling on the couch with hot chocolate in hand. Speaking of hot chocolate, I woke up with hot chocolate on my mind. This recipe is simple and delicious. It's a great start or finish to a chilly day. You won't see any reason to buy those little packets after trying this recipe.



Before I share the recipe, I should apologize for my absence over the past week. Aside from school and work, I've been busy moving. Not physically moving, but moving in the blog world! That's right, I'm getting ready to move to my own domain. I know I just got here a little over a month ago, but I can't wait to have my very own space. Expect the new site to launch very soon!




Hot Chocolate
Adapted from Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes

Ingredients

1/4 cup water
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

In a small sauce pan, whisk together water, cocoa, and sugar. Heat, whisking continuously, until it just comes to a boil. Whisk in milk and heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla. Pour into a mug and top with fresh whipped cream or marshmallows.


No comments:

Post a Comment